iVote is seeking an Assistant to the Founder and President of iVote, based in Boston, MA. The main function of this position is to work with the President to ensure that her top priorities are executed to completion. This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with the President of iVote while learning about political campaigns, grassroots organizing, and voting rights. The position is available immediately as part time or full time to the right candidate. Candidates must be based in or near Boston, as to meet with the President a few days per week.
The ideal candidate will be a person with a passion for getting things done efficiently and with a can-do attitude. Must be organized, detail-oriented, and able to prioritize to effectively manage conflicting demands in a fast-paced campaign environment. Tasks will include wide-ranging projects such as organizing calendar and travel itineraries, assisting with daily communications, database entries, and other administrative tasks. Successful applicants will be self-starting, adaptable, and excellent communicators.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
Work with the President to:
- Review her ongoing task list and deadlines
- Coordinate schedules including booking flights/hotels and creating travel itineraries
- Process receipts for expense reports
- Assist in communication on behalf of iVote including scheduling meetings, responding to requests, distributing press materials, and liaising with the iVote team
- Create a digital organization system for various types of files
- Edit and proofread written materials
- Perform other duties as assigned
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS:
- Exceptional communication skills
- Experience with political campaigns at any level
- Familiarity and facility with Microsoft Office Suite, Mac OS, Google Drive, Dropbox
- Organized, detail-oriented, with effective time management skills
- A sense of humor, can-do attitude, and an openness to evolving responsibilities
iVote is a young, entrepreneurial organization dedicated to expanding access to voting through public education and electoral campaigns. We aim to flip the script on voting rights work and go on the offensive to proactively expand voting rights.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, or sexual orientation. We are unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
This can be a full or part time position. iVote offers a competitive salary based on experience.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.